If you are planning to develop an audio visual area in your home then infrared repeaters can make the things batter then otherwise. The can allow you to change the volume and stations easily without messing the things. But searching for a good infrared repeater can be a fatiguing effort for you if you are using them for the first time. Their availability in various types and brands also makes it difficult to find the best one for you. The reviews of some of the best infrared repeaters provided in this write-up can make the thing easier for you in this regard.
10. Inteset IR Remote Control Repeater-Extender-Emitter
This infrared repeater is compatible with Roku, Xbox One, Nvidia Shield, Apple TV, Kodi and Nvidia Shield Pro along with other A/V devices. It handles signals from 38 kHz to 56 kHz suitable for most A/V devices with its powerful dual band receiver. It can be powered through USB cable or 12v adapter. It is backed by one year limited warranty. Buy now from Amazon
9. Vastar IR Repeater Infrared Extender Repeater
This IR repeater can make your home theatre look nice by controlling its hidden audio/visual devices. The remote control provided with it can help its receiver to receive the signals more efficiently. You can easily send signals to the A/v components of your home theatre through its 10 emitters. The range of its operation is from 34 kHz to 60 kHz. Buy now from Amazon
8. DuaFire IR Repeater and Remote Control Extender
The wide range of frequency of this IR repeater makes it compatible with most electronic appliances like cable box, amplifier, satellite TV receiver, stereo receiver, DVD player, Blu-ray player and CD player etc. It can control 8-12 devices at a time with its no mess mini and compact structure. Its highly sensitive sensor transmits signals in real time while changing channels. Buy now from Amazon
7. BAFX Products IR Repeater
The improved design of this remote control extender kit is easy to use to give better performance while controlling all compatible hidden IR devices, even if they are placed in some other room. It easily matches with every decor due to its small structure and black colour. It can control 8-12 devices with the help of using additional IR emitters. Buy now from Amazon
6. Tunteil IR Remote Control Repeater
This IR repeater is compatible with most of the electronic control devices. Its receiver and distribution block pick up the signals from its remote control. High sensitivity, remote control broadband and easy to hide are it other important features. It sends signal to A/V components through its 6 emitters. It can control 8-12 devices with additional IR emitters. Buy now from Amazon
5. X10 Powermid PM5900 Remote Control Extender
Its infrared remote control allows you to control your audio/video equipment even from another room. It can be installed in just 5 minutes by plugging into wall outlet of A/C. It can transmit signals up to 100 feet within the same room or across walls. It can control cable boxes, VCRs and stereo systems installed in any room through its remote control system. Buy now from Amazon
4. HDTVHOOKUP In Wall IR Infrared Remote Control Extender Repeater
Main aim of this In-Wall IR Repeater is to handle IR compatible devices installed anywhere in your home or business. it is easy to install and use as its receiver can be mounted easily on a standard J-box. A piece of its Cat5 cable can help you to connect this IR repeater to your IR control block. Buy now from Amazon
3. Gefone IR Infrared Remote Control Repeater Extender Kit
This IR extender repeater can control most of your IR remote controlled devices in the same as well as other rooms. It covers almost all A/V devices by handling signals from 35 kHz to 56 kHz. The components in this kit include one IR receiver, one distribution unit, one 12v DC power plug, 4 dual IR emitters to connect 8 devices and a user manual. Buy now from Amazon
2. StarTech Wireless IR Remote Control Extender
This IR extender can reliably control devices through walls with its long range signal transmission up to 100 metres. The receiver and extender in this kit are compatible with most devices when used as per instructions provided in the user manual. Buy now from Amazon
1. Sewell BlastIR (IR) Remote Control Receiver Kit
It controls hidden electronic components by forwarding infrared signals. It is provided with a 9 feet long cable to connect this receiver to IR repeater. Its transmission frequency ranges from 38 kHz to 56 kHz to control 4-12 devices by using additional emitters. Buy now from Amazon
Tips to buy a Right Infrared Repeater
Large variety of IR repeaters in the market makes it difficult to find the best one for your personal use. You have to consider certain things while selecting the best IR repeater for your home theatre. Tips provided here under can help you in this regard.
- Type of band: The bands of IR repeaters are normally available in two frequency ranges, single band and dual band, to transmit infrared signals to be captured by remote control devices. Single band IR repeaters are usually used for operating DVD players and Blu-ray players whereas dual band repeaters are used for operating satellite boxes and cables. So first of all you should consider the type of devices you want to operate with your IR repeater.
- Type of Receiver: Most receivers are commonly placed near the closet or equipment due to their tiny structure. They can be connected to power supply point within the closet or small box through a small hardly visible wire. But some receivers can be installed directly on the wall socket like a device providing power and their wire has to be concealed into the wall to connect them with the emitters.
- Type of Emitter: You can find various types of emitters in the market. But you should consider the number of devices you want to connect with the IR repeater to find the most suitable emitters. Blink emitter or IR bug can be placed directly on the IR receiver of the component whereas Flood emitters or IR Blasters send a wide range of signals through the air to be received by all the nearby components. Some emitters have multiple bugs to control various devices to avoid overloading.
After reading the reviews of top 10 infrared repeaters and tips to find the best one you can easily buy the best infrared repeater for your home theatre.